The short answer: Yes, with now 1 billion active users TikTok is labelled as the fastest growing social media app of all time. The app was originally known as Musically, which was used to create short lip sync videos. However over the past 2 years this has developed this further into an advanced video editing tool.
How could it benefit your business?
TikTok is a great marketing tool for business, as it’s easy to gain exposure from relevant hashtags and target audiences. Statistics state that 41% of the market are ages between 16 – 24, which is to do with the growth of ‘Generation Z’. Although this may not be your ideal demographic, it does leave 59% of the market open for targeting your current audience.
Just like any other social media apps that you may already be using, you can follow other users, like and comment on content, and share that content to other platforms.
Video Boosts Conversions and Sales
As many of us know video content can make you some serious profit. Now that there is a rise in influencers, many individuals are charging anywhere from £100 to £2,000 per promotional video post.
Video is showing great ROI and statistically 83% of businesses have said that it has benefited their current growth. The other great benefit of video is that it doesn’t have to be the perfect edit. Some of the most viral videos have been recorded on a mobile phone and even most devices record in 1080p or higher!
Videos less than two minutes get the most engagement because they are short, eye catching and have the clearest message.
How do I start using the app?
To download TikTok you will need to go to the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Fill out your business information, email, phone username etc
- Complete your bio information – add a short business description
- Add your profile picture or logo
- Go to click the “•••” and click ‘pro version’ to add your analytics
- Start creating videos!
Once you hit 1000 followers you will be able to live stream
How can you promote your business on TikTok?
The best way for your business to stand out is to create fun content. If you are able give advice, show creativity or start challenges you will definitely get noticed on the platform.
It’s very common for businesses to launch a hashtag challenge in order to get their content trending.
Business Example: Last year a hashtag was trending on TikTok called “#businesscheck”. The concept was to explain or show the process of your product or service in 15 seconds.
Multiple businesses got exposure to millions of new people, made more connections and increased overall revenue from one viral video. By simply promoting the video online and adding relevant hashtags, it allowed businesses to tap into their desired target audience.
It seemed inevitable, and sure enough advertising is now possible on TikTok. There are four ways your business can target users:
- Infeed Native Content: Similar to snapchat, this video will appear in users home feeds, you can promote app downloads or link clicks.
- Brand Takeovers: Brands can take over the tiktok platform for the day by promoting banners, images, links to landing pages.
- Hashtag Challenges: Instead of following others trends, you business can set the challenge and promote a hashtag to go viral!
- Branded Lenses: Create your own branded lens or filter that users will want to use, and link it back to your page.
Click the link to start advertising on TikTok.